Monday, January 26, 2009

Simple Woman MonDaybook

For today...January, 26th, 2009
Outside my window...frozen kale is stalk still, crisp like a stick
I am thinking...why are my fingers so tired? They want to be left alone, to fall asleep, to rest.
I am thankful for...life
From the learning rooms...bean bag math, poems, journals, legos, dragons, unicorns, lemurs, recorder, new songs
From the kitchen...bread baking day, fingerling potato/yellow lentil/tomato soup with red peppers (the spicy kind)
I am wearing...nothing exciting
I am creating...superhero gauntlets out of crochet
I am going...to put on socks, toes-y cold
I am reading...Carr, O'Keeffee, Kahlo Places of Their Own by Sharyn Rohlfsen Udall
I am hoping...to fix my shoulder, which has been out of socket for close to 4 weeks now! eegads it hurts, every time it gets fixed it pops back out.
I am hearing...snuggling down of night time
Around the house...Bruce is packing up for his 9 day monthly work venture south
One of my favorite things...chai tea with coffee and hot chocolate in it-0h so good. In a liter glass jar, fill half way with hot water and chai tea bag, let steep. Make drip coffee to fill the rest, add choclate mix, stir, add milk if desired. You will never be able to have plain coffee again!
A few plans for the rest of the week:music class for each kid, valentine's boxes, tumbling, visit Salmonberry school, buy red yarn with glitter in it, basketball game, movie night at Library, wash hair at least once, do some sit-ups, stretch, sleep, fix shoulder/neck etc, make a few playlists that got erased!!, read some, eat a few times, do a quadrillion dishes, find a matching pair of socks, laugh 13 times a day, find a new way to put up my hair, go through the kids clothes and give away the too small things, use my 50/50 choice, go to the beach, visit friends, stare into space at least once, laundry, vacuum, cook/bake/slice/serve, moisturize, attend IA (Insanity Anonymous, if only!!! probably no one would end up coming on the same day), oh yeah, and teach some home schooling--think that will fill the week?
Here is picture thought I am sharing...
Oh right, i'm supposed to tell you/offer you the opportunity, to try your own simple simon daybook....

No comments: