Monday, February 9, 2009

Crap booking

There is one thing I just can not stand-and that is Scrap Booking!!! I am not totally sure why it bothers me so much....it's really quite lovely, in theory.

My newest, greatest, crass idea is a Scrap Book Porno Book. Imagine the stamps, the glue ons, the borders, the shaped photos, the titles--all about pornographic images. It makes me laugh to visualize. It' probably my toxic sarcastic teen-age rebellious self....but I smile every time I imagine it in the book store and some Laura Ashley taxi mom picking it up to get an idea for her latest family album of their last picnic in the local park and seeing her eyes widen at the images....or maybe she wouldn't even really comprehend the photos and only see the borders, puffy letters and over used motifs? I'm laughing even now.......oh how horrible am I?

1 comment:

RunninL8 said...

Ha haha hAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
I was "into" scrapbooking a few years ago. I think I did a nice job with our pics. Not just the blah static photos in an album. But i was always SO embarassed to go into those stores with the zaftig ladies blasting their Neil Dimond and just oooozing all over the new shipment of scrapbooking parafinailia. One day, after gluing a rainbow colored piece of paper onto my scrapbook page, I stopped and thought,"oh, this is SO gay." Now i just have a big box-o-pics. What to do?